Saturday, 18 July 2015

The school bell has gone... Term 3 has begun! ;)

Hello Friends! Welcome back to Term 3, Week 1!! 

I was super excited to return to school this week! I bet all of my fellow Australian NSW teachers were the same! It's always nice to have a holiday but it is always nice to be back into the swing of things! This term were trialling a new Behaviour Strategy that involves computer time as 'free choice time'. I made these cute stop signs to blue tac onto my computer screens as a visual support to help remind students to not use the computers until they had finished their 5 activities!
I brought these 'admit one' tickets from Office works, which have so far been a huge hit in the classroom! It has been a great incentive so far! 
When the cherubs arrived into the classroom on the first day they though that something was wrong with the computers ;) but as I explained what they were for, my students were excited for the challenge! 


I have had a few requests to share how I set my iPads up! So I remembered to finally take a photo of my set up! I brought this clear 5 tier shelf from Office works! Each of our iPads has its own shelf, as you can see when we get more, they will of course fit too ;) Wishful thinking? ;) I love that this shelf is so easy to move around and contains everything we may need. When I need to charge them, I leave them on their shelves, run the cord outside the case and onto a multi adapter charger (Which I forgot to take a photo of) but this really works for me!! :) 


Inside each pouch is an iPad mini, a charger cord, and a stylus pen, so we always have everything that we need, all in one place! 



I love my Belkin Stand too! Its such a great support to multitasking and working in the classroom! & I love my super cute headphones too! ;) 

Stay tuned for further iPad tips and tricks in the classroom! I am excited to share my technology journey with you all! :)


4 comments:

  1. What a great idea for the ipads! Where did you get those cute pouches? I need to do this with our ipads in my year 3 class, thanks for the great idea :)

    Tania
    Mrs Poultney's Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Tania!!

    So exciting to see your comment! :) The cute pouches were just $3 from Kmart! Kmart also had the durable cases for only $10! I shopped around and this was the best price by far!

    Thank you for stopping by!

    Kylie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those shelves are perfect for storing them! Check out the iPad resource that I have put together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, I added a link to your blog in the Miscellaneous category on the Parent-Teacher Resources page of my website, Teach the Children Well.

    ReplyDelete