Thursday, 28 March 2013

Welcome to Room 205!






Welcome to Room 205! 

Where our future is so bright we have to wear our shades!


This semester our class is working on a new unit called 'Are we there yet?'- A journey around Australia. The COGs unit is based from the book Are we there yet written by Alison Lester. This post will be a tour around Room 205, with a link to some of the create resources that I had created especially for this unit.

This first picture is capturing the entrance to the classroom. On the left side on the floor is an ABC foam mat, two little green camp chairs, an owl backpack and an entry point to the camping tent, with some wall art and lights. 


This next picture is capturing the infamous Reading Wall- or classroom library! This is the place to go to find a really good book.



This is the cosy reading cave, inside the tent I have just put lots of bright coloured cushions and bean bags to snuggle up in when reading a good book.



This picture captures the other side of the tent, it also shows Mr Magical Snake, the hand-made campfire, picnic setting, bug catchers with bugs, literacy and numeracy fishing game and a fishing tackle box to keep all of the game supplies in. 


Would you like this Print out? I can make it available in my shop :)
This sign sits on the window - Watch out for the bears!! :)



This is the entrance to the classroom, it has a welcome sign, our bear tags with student names, and our classroom beliefs. 


 This picture captures what we love in room 205!


Here are just some more pictures of Room 205! Enjoy :)















 I hope you enjoyed the tour of Room 205! :) Kylie!



5 comments:

  1. Kylie - I think I am in LOVE with your classroom. It looks so cozy and really well thought out. The kids must love learning in your space =) I'm looking forward to reading all about your next unit - sounds like lots of fun!!

    Casey
    Lifelong Learners in Prep

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Casey! We love our classroom and take really great pride in our space :) The kiddies love the learning environment and I do too :)

      Kylie
      http://ms-smartiepants.blogspot.com.au

      Delete
  2. You have a great blog. I can't find your bloglovin button but have attached as a follower. Your classroom looks great and so inviting.
    Paula from Paula’s Place and iSURF Maths

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love your room! I was teaching in Wagga just recently, love the COGS units :) I am YOUR newest follower now, can't wait to see how your year progresses.
    Tania
    Mrs Poultney's Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello - I have been nominated for a Liebster Blog Award and as part of my nomination I have nominated you. Please visit my blog and follow the instructions to be a Liebster Award blogger too!
    Paula from Paula’s Place

    ReplyDelete