Saturday, 3 November 2012

My New Adventure!!


Take the tour!

Well I have officially had my own classroom now for... drum roll please.. 14 weeks!! This is why I have been super busy and you haven't heard from me. So to make it up to you all, I thought a classroom tour would be wonderful. If you want to link up with me to show off your classroom (remembering I have only been a 'real' teacher for 14 weeks) please link up with me for this classroom show off party!! :)

First of all, if you have any tips for me as a beginning teacher, I would love to hear from you. My tip to any other new teachers out there, is to always remain true to yourself. If you can do that, then you will be amazing!! :)

In this first picture you can see my brand new library, and bean bags for reading time. The students helped with painting and sticking up the letters. They are very impressed with themselves. 




In this next picture is my most favourite wall, it is my very brightly coloured buckets, with all of the essentials in them, such as pencils, pens, scissors, coloured pencils, textas etc. 



This wall has my birthday presents with my students birthdays on them, and some numeracy and literacy reference charts. 



I love my reading wall .. :)






This term we are learning about information reports, here is the beginning bulletin board with my students very hard work displayed. 



Numeracy Charts & Displays..






Full vision of the wall, This is their computer work stations, where they complete most of their given work. 



Literacy and numeracy Tubs with games and practice skill cards for early finishes.. 
 My new CAFE display (Comprehension, Accuracy, Fluency & Expanding vocabulary) Yet to begin this, I am very excited to introduce these concepts on Monday!




 Other side view of classroom, this includes our floor space, IWB, teachers desk and my coloured buckets, which we use for drum beat most mornings. 





Overall I think i have brightened my classroom up a bit ;) let me know what you think, and link up with me if you want to show off your classroom too!!

Happy Learning Kylie :)

4 comments:

  1. Love your room! Especially your reading wall! How did you get the tubs to stay on the wall?

    œKaryn
    A is for Apple B is for Blog
    Kideducator@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ladies!! The tubs are holding with a bracket for extra support, I was worried about the tubs being too heavy with the books but i think the tubs will break before they fall down :)

    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute room! What grade do you teach?

    Kelly
    Kindergarten Kel

    ReplyDelete