Sunday, 1 July 2012

Line art :)


Line arT!!


     On Thursday, we were learning about straight and

 curvy lines! What is a fun way to learn this?? Line art!!

 Here is the pin on pinterest that I was inspired by.


This is how my students turned out, we only had 1 finished

 when posting this, but the kids are super excited to get theirs

 finished. The trick is to use really effective colours, also,

 my major secret is to get the kids to use a ruler to draw 

the straight lines first, then add the curvy lines at the end.

 They turned out so great and the students had so much 

fun creating these.

Enjoy! Kylie :)














6 comments:

  1. I love this! I might need to try this with my nieces this summer. Thank you for sharing. =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will love it! There were lots of rainbows and pinks and purples from the girls in my class and they were gorgeous! Such a great artwork that will keep them entertained :) Kylie

      Delete
  2. I saw those on PInterest and thought they were so cool! I'm not an artist, but THIS I could do!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not artist either but the kids really responded to this, the instructions were easy enough for everyone to follow, I had year 3-6 in my classroom and even the younger students were able to succeed with this art project. The secret really is to use a ruler for the straight lines :) Kylie

      Delete
  3. I've seen this around and always think it's the coolest thing. Not sure I could pull it off with first graders.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tammy you could try using a smaller shape and smaller piece of paper? I did this lesson with years 3-6 :) the younger ones I just gave a smaller piece of paper. Year one might have to wait though :) hehe Kylie

      Delete